Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our sites and information provided by you at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to any services, purchasing any products or services through our sites, registering for an event or if you request further information about us or anything we do. We may also ask you for information for other purposes, for example when you report a problem with our site.
- If you support the sorcererguild financially, the Society may collect the following information about you: your name, your contact details, your bank or credit card details and a record of your interactions with the sorcererguild, such as correspondence about your gift.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We or a third party engaged by us for the purpose may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of purchases or other transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Any other personal data you choose to provide to us from time to time or that you post on our sites.
- Personal data provided to us by third parties in accordance with the law.
- Personal data in the form of nomination forms relating to nominees and nominators. This data will be used for the purpose of selection for awards, by the relevant award committee, and will be retained for the duration of consideration, as specified for the award.
- As part of our fundraising activities, we may contact individuals who have expressed an interest in supporting the Society’s activities.
We may sometimes collect information about the computer or device you use to access our sites, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration.
Onh sorcererguild.com , access to subscription content is provided based on IP address. We will collect and use your computer’s IP address to ensure you have the access rights to which you are entitled as part of an institutional subscription and to monitor or control access in accordance with your or your organisation’s relevant subscription. Individual users are personally not identified in this process, only their computer or device.
In some instances we may report aggregate information to third parties we engage for particular purposes. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you or any individual personally.